A Virtual CIO Understands Business – Not just Technology
A CIO (Chief Information Officer) is an executive management position mostly found in medium to enterprise class companies. This critical position is responsible for providing a high-level, strategic vision for the company, while guiding the management team and/or board members in making concise decisions pertaining to IT operations. While the average business might not be able to justify having a CIO, they still need guidance for making important IT decisions, cost analysis, budgeting, and strategic planning.
Omega starts by understanding your key business needs and business objectives. What are the key success metrics? Are there time constraints? We also want to learn about your technical limitations and requirements. Our Virtual CIO brings the all-important “operating experience” of a CIO to the table at an affordable cost.
Omega’s Virtual CIO consulting service provides a senior executive that serves as a CIO and IT advisor to your business. Our Virtual CIO will possess a technical background and be familiar with a broad range of IT platforms and technologies but will be looking to apply technology solutions enabling you to reach your business objectives. Get the benefit of having someone that brings years of experience operating in diverse IT environments to your business without having to pay for a full-time senior IT executive.
- Our virtual CIO will ask questions about your day to day business operations to help formulate IT recommendations. We want to understand your cash flow, marketing performance, sales results, profit drivers and competitive landscape.
- Our virtual CIO consulting services will determine your IT “state of IT maturity” and align your business objectives with your IT environment so you can drive the value, you paid for, out of your IT infrastructure.
- Our virtual CIO will be able to assist you in your client servicing issues, increasing sales revenue and organizing your company’s structure and processes.
- We will ask thought-provoking questions to discover unseen opportunities and areas for improvement.
Our progressive solutions facilitate improved business results, taking a customer-first approach in everything we do. Our Virtual CIO recommendations will leave you informed and ready to make the right choices at a cost that fits your budget.
Areas of Focus
Security: Most companies today are growing more concerned about their IT security. We can look at your existing policies and solutions, or help you develop, document, and implement new ones. Then we assist with navigating today’s complex world of security by selecting quality security solutions, implementing them correctly, and ensuring they stay up to date, in this fast-paced cyber-security environment.
Solid Technology Infrastructure Road-map: We will advise you on best practices and most suitable products to use for meeting your business needs, then work with you to develop a solid plan for your infrastructure. We can help you understand the latest technology trends, like “Cloud Computing” and innovative mobile solutions. We use our extensive knowledge to guide you in the areas that are the most critical, like redundancy, fail-over/fail back, or an inexpensive internet services strategy.
IT Budget Planning: We know running a company today requires careful advanced planning, and often on a limited budget. Companies should not have to spend on IT that doesn’t produce the desired and/or projected benefits. We work very closely with you to make sure your technology spending is aligned with your IT roadmap, and our goal is to know that any dollars spent are well calculated and properly invested for maximum return.
Disaster Recovery Planning & Business Continuity Planning: Data protection and recovery are two of the most important aspects of IT today. This is also the area that IT managers and business owners worry about the most.
Virtual CIO – Summary
- Trusted advisor with IT experience, at less than part-time employee costs
- IT infrastructure planning that is based on industry standards and best practices
- Smooth running IT operations, with knowledgeable guidance
- IT aligned with business goals, and having a defined roadmap for meeting business growth
- Assistance with securing and protecting your IT assets